Thursday, June 5, 2014

Vinyasa Yoga - "The Flow Yoga"

Bonjour!!

The gym that I go to offers Vinyasa Yoga every Sunday early in the morning. I enjoy this class because it sets the mood for the rest of the day. It helps stretching my muscles and my body after all the running, and weight lifting, which is honestly great because by Sunday I feel very stiff.

Vinyasa yoga is about moving continuously into different poses, matching them with the breathing. I enjoy this yoga because I find it very meditative and relaxing while having a lot of movement. The synchronizing breathing with the poses really helps to relax my mind. I can make the poses more challenging by modifying them to a higher level depending on my energy level during the class. The important thing to remember is to align the poses correctly to avoid any type of injury.

I have attached a 15 minute introductory video by Candance (http://yogabycandace.com/), and this very cute picture of the Yoga Bunny by Brian Russo

Namaste

xoxo
Natalia




 



No comments:

Post a Comment