Monday, June 9, 2014

WFF - Women's Fitness Festival 2014

Bonjour!!

Back in January I posted my running goals:

 5k  - Sunday 9 Feb 2014 - Davis Stampede
 7miles  - Saturday 8 Mar 2014 - The Lucky Run
 10k - Sunday 30 Mar 2014 - Girls on the Go
 10 miles - Sunday 27 April 2014 - Capital City Classic
 13.1 miles - Sunday 8 June 2012 - Women's Fitness Festival

I am very proud to say that except the 5K (I am too thrifty to pay $45 for a 5K), I accomplished every single goal. My PR has not improved much, however I am very happy that I trained, participated and finished every single one of the races. 


Yesterday I run the Women's Fitness Festival, and next year I am running it for sure. What a great event as the culmination of the first six months of the year training season. I trained with the Fleet Feet group in Sacramento, because of that, I was able to get into the VIP area. The best of the day, apart of running the race, I got to meet Deena Kastor, the Olympic Marathoner, and I was brave enough to request a picture with her, which I will cherish forever!!!. What a nice and gracious lady. Her energy is contagious. 

The race was fantastic!!! the route was very flat, which I do appreciate, hills are my enemy. We went through gorgeous neighborhoods, and there were tons of people cheering us up, and trying to cooling us off with their garden hoses and sprinklers. It was a hot day from the start. 

Mile 12 was the happiest mile for me… I had some ice to chew, the Fleet Feet trainers had it ready for us. Did I say it was hot??, and they also had the special cheerleaders volunteers outside the store. 

Whole Foods was there to feed us after the race. I got a water, banana and some granola with yogurt to eat. I had my medal around my neck, a cool T-shirt, and I was as happy as I can be. 

My hubby was waiting for me, and as always… "This is the last half marathon I run"… well… not so fast Natalia. I had signed up for the Urban Cow Half Marathon three weeks ago which by the way I am training with the Fleet Feet Crew. 

Motivation is what gets you started  Habit is what keeps you going

More to come about my races. 
xoxo
❤ Natalia ❤


Deena Kastor and I
©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.


©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

















The Lucky Run - 8th March 2014
©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.
Capital City Classic - 27th April 2014
©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.
Girls on the Go - 30th March 2014
©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for posting this..it's very inspiring to know that many women making a way to be fit and healhty.. more power to your endeavors .. http://tinyurl.com/kl5pfwk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your comment Joseph. Great comments like this one are always very motivational. :-)

    ReplyDelete